Today is   HomeContact UsYour PrivacySite Map

Emergency Services

Senior Commodities

The Commodity Supplemental Food Program is offered to seniors 60 years and older every month. This program provides about 40 pounds of food to qualifying households and contains cereal, milk, cheese, canned fruits, vegetables and juices, canned meats, peanut butter, rice or pasta. You may qualify if you are 60 years or older and your gross monthly income for a 1-person household is $1,276 or less; 2-person household, $1,726 or less; and 3-person household, $2,177 or less. Senior residents of Darke County can call Community Action Partnership, (937) 548-8143 Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., to schedule an appointment.

Emergency Homeless Shelter

The Homeless Shelter houses persons left homeless due to fire, eviction, or other unfortunate circumstances. The maximum stay for an individual is 14 days, and 30 days for families. Greenville residents should contact the Greenville Police Department at (937) 548-1103. Darke County residents should contact the Darke County Sheriff’s Department at (937) 548-3399. This program provides a temporary living situation and requires residents to look for a permanent solution to their housing problems.

Homeless Crisis Response Program (HCRP)

Homeless Prevention is assistance (emergency rent) designed to prevent eviction. Homeless Prevention is to assure that the assistance is necessary to avoid eviction and there are reasonable expectations that the household will be able to resume payments following assistance. There is follow-up to ascertain that assistance kept them from eviction. Must meet income guidelines and have case management.

Rapid Re-Housing is assistance (first month’s rent, security deposits) designed to help homeless persons establish permanent housing. The priority is placed on those families residing in emergency shelters, cars, or on the street. This program is targeted into getting persons into permanent housing. Must meet income guidelines, have case management and develop a budget. Homes must have a year's lease and pass an inspection.

Salvation Army

Limited funds are available to assist transient and local persons in need. Funds are used for gas money for travelers, unexpected expenses for families, and other items to help people help themselves. Darke County does not service Salvation Army stores; therefore, we do not have a pick-up service for clothes or other items.

Community Action Partnership
Darke County
1469 Sweitzer Street
Greenville, OH 45331
(937) 548-8143

Community Action Partnership of the Greater Dayton Area • All Rights Reserved
Main Office: 719 South Main Street, Dayton, OH 45402 • 937-341-5000 •

terms of use  •  privacy policy •  safety information applicable to cap-dayton web site.
home • about cap • programs in your community • employment opportunities • news / events • volunteer • contact us • resources

site design by Hamilton Innovative

UNited Way Partner Agency